How To Setting Huawei HG8245 Modem To Become Access Point – Do you still have Huawei HG8245 Modem? Don’t throw it out yet, it’s a good idea to convert it into an Access Point Hotspot. Yes, this is the method used to spread Wifi from your Modem Router, which is obviously a newer version.
This modem is indeed classified as an old output, therefore many ISPs have upgraded their modem router to a newer one. So, why not turn the Huawei HG8245 modem into an access point?
Check other Access Point Products from NetData:
How to Setting Huawei HG8245 Modem to be an Access Point Easily
Now is the time to set the Huawei HG8245 modem to an access point. Relax, it’s easy. Just follow these steps:
- The first time you have to do is reset the modem. The trick is just to press the reset button using a needle and hold it for 10 seconds until the indicator LED lights up again. Congratulations, the modem has been reset to default.
- Username : Admin
- Password : admin
- SSID : HUAWEI-QUdg
- WLAN Key : mq2PFAgeAfter the modem has been successfully reset, the configuration will return to a modem like when it was new. After the modem is reset, a new SSID will appear with the name HUAWEI. The password as well as the username is on the back of the modem.
- Because the default IP Address for the Huawei HG8245 Modem is 192.168.100.1, first change the IP Address of the computer with the IP Address of one class with the Modem if it is 192.168.100.2.
- Now open the beowser on the device connected to your Huawei HG8245, then type the IP address of 220.127.116.11 and enter the admin account that is more specific than the usual admin user, namely the Support account.
- Username : admin
- Password : theworldinyourhand
- After successful login, change the SSID name by going to the “WLAN> WLAN” Basic Configuration menu. Because later you will make the Huawei HG8245 modem to become a Hotspot, so there is no need to provide an additional password for the SSID by changing “Authentication Mode” to “Open”. When finished then click “Apply”.
- Activate LAN by opening the menu “LAN> LAN Port Work Mode”. just tick all the LANs and click “Apply”. Remember, you must log in using a Support account. Because, if you use a regular admin account, the menu won’t appear.
- The next step is to disable DHCP. Because you will later take advantage of the DHCP Server from your new router modem. Then the DHCP Server and DHCP Relay for Huawei HG8245 need to be turned off by going to the “LAN> DHCP Server Configuration” menu. Eliminate all the checklists on the menu.
- In order for the Huawei HG8245 Wifi Modem to get a DHCP Server IP from your new Router modem, then an active LAN and SSID need to be made BRIDGE by going to the “WAN> WAN Configuration” menu. Check the “Enable WAN” and WAN Mode with “Bridge WAN”. When finished then click Apply.
- The final step is to change the IP configuration of the Huawei HG8245 modem to one class along with your new router modem so that it is easy to configure and monitor in the future.That’s how to set the Huawei HG8245 modem to be an access point. It’s very easy, isn’t it? Keep trying and good luck!
That’s how to set the Huawei HG8245 modem to be an access point. It’s very easy, isn’t it? Keep trying and good luck!