Block Youtube on Mikrotik not Aruba and Ruijie – Youtube is a video platform which is a subsidiary of Google. By using Youtube we can see a lot of video content that is used as entertainment.
However, there are several situations that prohibit us from accessing Youtube, such as in schools, universities, or in a company.
To prohibit internet users from accessing Youtube is by blocking Youtube IP from the central router.
Check other Access Point Products from NetData:
Then how do you block Youtube on Mikrotik instead of Aruba and Ruijie? Here are the steps:
- Use a computer with theapplication installed Winbox. If you have not installed the Winbox application, you can download it directly to the address http://www.mikrotik.com/download.
- Connect a computer that hasinstalled to the WinboxMikrotik router using an LAN or Ethernet cable.
- Open the Winbox application, make sure your MAC address appears in the Winbox application, which means the computer is connected.
- Setting the IP address of the router connected to the computer first by selecting IP> Address. Add the IP Address router’sfor the connected computers.
- Enter the IP Address automatically.
- Thensettings DHCP Server
- After setting the DHCP server then setting the DHCP Client
- Setting NAT, click the IP menu> Firewall.
- On the Firewall menu, select NAT, then click +.
- Make sure you can connect to the internet then try opening the Youtube website.
- Then block it on the website www.youtube.com then click IP> Firewall, select Layer 7 Protocols.
Click +, then give the name as you wish, for example the Youtube block.
Input the Regexp script below:
^. + (Youtube). * $ |oo.preferred.pttelkom-
| a.youtube.com | b.youtube.com | c.youtube.com
| d.youtube.com | e.youtube.com | f.youtube.com | g.youtube.com | h.youtube.com | i.youtube.com
| j.youtube.com | l.youtube.com ”| (facebook.com). * $
Regexp above means scripting that will be used to add content or the site to be blocked.
- Then click themenu filter rules. Select IP> Firewall> filter rules, +.
In the General menu write = addchain= forward,src-address= 192.168.4.254 This IP is the IP of the computer that gets from DHCP Automatically.
- In the General menu, select Forward and fill in the source address according to the IP listed computer.
- Action menu, select action (drop) which means block the site.
- If everything is set in such a way, then you just have to try to enter the IP address and domain of the Youtube site itself.
That’s how to block Youtube on Mikrotik, not Aruba and Ruijie, all I can say, good luck and good luck.