In the modern world, cloud computing is currently quite important and there is increasing demand by companies to use this service. Now we will discuss what a cloud computer is and also discuss one of the cloud computing products from a well-known company, namely the Amazon Web Service AWS Cloud Platform.
Table of Contents
What is Cloud Computing?
First we will discuss what is cloud computing or Cloud Computing which refers to the features of storing and accessing data via the internet. In other words you don’t store data on the hard disk in your computer, in using Cloud Computing you can access data from a remote server.
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) to be precise in 2006 began offering IT services to the market in the form of web services in the form of cloud computing products. By using this cloud we don’t have to plan servers and other IT infrastructure that takes up a lot of time beforehand.
However, AWS is capable of running hundreds to thousands of servers in minutes and provides faster results. But you only pay for what you use at no additional cost and also no long-term commitments, which makes AWS cost-effective.
To date AWS Cloud Platform provides a highly Reliable, scalable, and low cost infrastructure platform that also supports businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Here are some reviews about AWS Cloud Computing which started from the history of AWS, namely.
- 2002- AWS Services launched
- 2006- Launched its cloud product
- 2012- Held its first customer event
- 2015- Revealed $ 4.6 billion in revenue
- 2016- Exceeded $ 10 billion revenue target
- 2016- Release of snowballs and snowmobiles
- 2019- Offers nearly 100 cloud services
Amazon Web Services offers a variety of global cloud-based products for different business purposes. These products are types such as storage, database, analytics, mobile, network, development tools, and also applications, each of your products will pay according to usage only.
Here are some AWS services to know about.
AWS Computer Services
Following, are the Cloud Compute Services offered by Amazon:
- EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) – EC2 is a virtual machine on the OS that has full control, you can also use this cloud server whenever you want.
- Lightsail – This Cloud Computing tool deploys and manages computers both in terms of storage and network capabilities necessary to run your applications automatically.
- Elastic Beanstalk – This tool provides automated deployment and provides resources such as a highly scalable production website.
- EKS (Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes) – The EKS tool allows you to kubernetes in the amazon cloud environment without installation.
- AWS Lambda – This AWS service allows you to perform functions in the cloud. This tool is very cost effective because you only pay when the function is executed.
AWS service applications
Amazon Web Service can be used for a variety of compute purposes such as:
- Website hosting
- Content delivery and media distribution
- Storage, backup and disaster recovery
- Development and testing environment
- Academic Computing
- Search engine
- Social network
- SaaS application hosting / hosting
- Media Sharing (Image / Video)
- Mobile and Social Applications
Amazon Web Services provides services from multiple data centers spread across availability zones (AZ) in a regional region around the world. AZ is a location that contains several physical data centers. A regional area is a collection of AZ within a geographic area linked by a low latency network autan.
Usually a company will choose one or more AZ for several reasons such as policies and also closeness to its customers. For example AWS customers can run virtual machines and duplicate data from different AZs to achieve a highly reliable infrastructure that is resistant to individual server failures or entire data centers.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is a service that provides virtual servers called EC2 instances for compute capacity. The EC2 service offers a wide variety of instant types with various capacities and sizes that can be adapted to specific workload types and applications, such as memory intensive jobs and accelerated computing. AWS also provides auto scaling tools to dynamically measure capacity for more instant health and performance.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) provides scalable object storage for collection, data analytics, as well as backups. IT professionals can store data and files as S3 objects for a capacity of approximately up to 5 gigabytes (GB) in an S3 bucket to keep them organized. Enterprises can save money with S3 through the Infrequent Access storage tier or by using Amazon Glacier for long-term cold storage.
Amazon Elastic Block Store also provides block-level storage volumes for robust data storage when using EC2 instances. Amazon Elastic File System offers managed cloud-based file storage.
Enterprises can also migrate data to the cloud using storage transport devices such as AWS Snowball and Snowmobile, or use the AWS Storage Gateway to enable on-premises applications to access cloud data.
Database, data management
Amazon relational Database Service which includes several options such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, and a high performance proprietary database called Amazon Aurora. Provides a relational database management system for AWS users. AWS also offers managed NoSQL databases via Amazon DynamoDB.
AWS customers can also use Amazon ElastiCache as well as DynamoDB Accelerator to cache data in memory and in Real time for applications. Amazon Redshift offers a data warehouse, which makes it easier for data analysts to perform business intelligence (BI) tasks.
Migration, Cloud Hybrid
AWS includes a variety of tools and services designed to help users migrate using applications, databases, servers, and data to their public cloud.
The AWS migration Hub provides a place to monitor and manage migrations from on-premises to the cloud. EC2 System Manager helps IT teams configure on-premises servers and AWS instances.
In addition, all Amazon also has partnerships with several technology vendors that can facilitate the implementation of Hybrid Cloud. The AWS Vmware Cloud brings software-defined data center technology from VMware to the AWS cloud. Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Amazon EC2 is a product of another partnership, which extends the Red Hat operating system to the AWS cloud.
Network AWS Cloud Platform
An isolated part of the Amazon Web Service cloud can be deployed by using administrator access control over the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) virtual network. AWS provides new resources within the VPC to provide extra protection automatically.
We as admins can also balance network traffic with the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) service, which includes Application Load Balancers and Network Load Balancers.
which includes Application Load Balancer and Network Load Balancer. AWS also provides a domain name system called Amazon Route 53 that routes end users to applications.
An IT professional can establish a dedicated connection from an on-premises data center to the AWS cloud via AWS Direct Connect.
Companies using AWS Cloud Platform
In addition, we will discuss what are the advantages of using AWS cloud computing.
- AWS enables companies to stick with familiar application models, operating systems, databases, and programming architectures.
- AWS also offers cost-effective services so you only pay for what you use without any upfront or long-term commitments.
- You don’t need to spend money to run or maintain a data center.
- AWS has fast deployment
- For matters of capacity you can easily add or remove existing capacity.
- You can quickly access the cloud with unlimited capacity.
- The total cost of ownership is very low compared to buying your own private server.
- Offers a centralized billing and management system.
- AWS has hybrid capabilities.
- Allows you to deploy your application in various regions around the world with just a few clicks.
But there are also AWS drawbacks that you might need to know about as below.
- If you need help faster then you need to use a package with paid support.
- Amazon Web Services may have some common cloud computing problems such as downtime, limited controls, and backup protection.
- AWS has certain limits on resources that are different in each region, these resources are for example images, volumes, and snapshots.
- Hardware level changes occur to your application which may not offer the best performance and use of your application.
In using AWS there are several things you need to know such as:
- You need to design failures, even if nothing fails.
- Before using AWS services it is important that you separate all the components first.
- You need to keep dynamic data closer to computation and static data closer to users.
- It is important to know the tradeoffs of security and performance.
- Pay for compute capacity on an hourly basis.
- Get in the habit of paying one time for each instance you want to order and get significant discounts on hourly billing.
That’s an explanation of the AWS Cloud Platform that might help you solve cloud service problems in your company. If you interested, you can contact us directly here.