Aruba Networks for education is a solution to provide network infrastructure for the use of online learning.
Aruba itself is engaged in networking and network equipment which is focused on providing solutions in various lines of human life, including education. Now, at this time we will focus more on discussing Aruba Network for Network, let’s take a closer look at the following explanation.
Yang Mungkin Kamu Cari
- What is Network
- Network Purpose
- Network Types
- Network Device
- Aruba Network
- Aruba is
- History of Aruba
- Aruba Indonesia Products
- Aruba Networks For Education
- Wired Network
- Wireless Network
What is Network
To dive deeper into the Aruba Network for education, we need to know the concept of the Network itself.
Yes Network or Network is a collection of computers that are connected to each other to share resources and data.
Network is a network of data communication systems that have a role for transmission lines of communication tools to form one system.
For example, in a network, computers are able to share data with each other so that they can print documents to printers on the same network even though they are in different areas. Network provides useful services for integrating information systems and channeling data flows from one area to another.
Network objectives that meet the needs are as follows:
- Networking offers efficiencies that make it possible to use a single printer even if many computers are connected to the printer. With a software license can be cheaper than a separate stand alone license. And it can also save CPU, RAM, and hard disk.
- Network can help us in getting information that is always new or up to date. And the Network is able to share data storage from users with different locations.
- Network can help speed up the process of sharing data or data sharing. Transfer of data on the network is certainly faster than sharing data not within the network.
- Network communication enables workgroups to communicate more efficiently. Mail and electronic messaging will help teams work more effectively and be more productive.
- Network helps businesses to serve clients more efficiently. Centralized remote data access allows employees to be able to serve clients in the field so that they can communicate with suppliers.
Turning to the types of Networks that exist today where experts distinguish them into several categories such as:
- Based on area (size)
- Based on the type of delivery media
- Based on operation pattern
What is the full explanation like? Let’s look at the following:
For the first type of Network category, it is distinguished according to the following area:
Local area network or LAN is a type of computer network made of a closed area, for example in a building or room. LANs usually have a small network scope and share data together such as printers or data storage media.
Metropolitan area network is the same method as LAN, but the area is wider.
Wide area Network has a network coverage area that covers one country or continent.
The Internet is a computer network connection that covers areas around the world. This internet coverage uses a typical communication protocol, namely IP or internet protocol.
VPN is a more secure internet connection solution. VPN is able to create a secure path for data transmission.
Based on Delivery Media
Based on the type of delivery media there are two types, namely:
Wire Network is a network that uses a cable as a medium of delivery. The type of cable that has a network is usually made of copper, whereas other types of cables use fiber optic or fiber optic materials.
Wireless Network uses radio waves or light as a medium of delivery. Therefore, users can easily access the Network without having to install cables on their computers.
Based on Operation Pattern
Networks based on operating patterns are also divided into two types including:
Client server is a type of network that has one or more computers to serve other network devices such as computers, laptops, and smartphones. Server is a computer that serves clients. Examples of servers are web servers, fire servers, and so on.
Peer to peer
Peer to peer is a network or network where each computer serves each other. Peer to peer is widely implemented on local LAN networks and other types of networks with a larger scope.
Of the many discussions to go to the main discussion, namely Aruba Network for education, we will certainly need Network devices that you can find on every existing network as follows.
Server is one type of device or media that has information storage and manages computer networks. The server has a higher specification than the client, the purpose of which the server is designed to serve client computers.
NIC (Network Interface Card)
The NIC or LAN Card Expansion Board is used so that the computer can connect to the network. Ethernet is currently divided into four types, namely 10 Mbps ethernet, 100 Mbps fast ethernet, 1000 Mbps gigabit ethernet and 10000 Mbps Tengig.
Cable is the most important tool in a network whose role is to connect one device to another. There are many types of cable for the network itself, including coaxial cable, fiber optic, and twisted pair.
Hubs and Switches
A switch is a device that has a function to connect several computers into one network. Maybe at first glance this switch is similar to a hub which is logically similar to a bridge.
This switch has two types, namely the unmanaged switch which is the cheapest type. And managed switch which is the most expensive type.
Router is a network device that has a function to connect a LAN network into a WAN network and has a function to manage data traffic. Where this router is able to choose the best path because it has a routing table that records all addresses in the network.
Bridge is a device whose role is to forward traffic between network segments based on information on a data link. Bridge also has a function to divide a large network into small networks.
Modem is a device that is used to connect computer devices with internet service providers, also known as ISPs or internet service providers.
Repeater is a type of device whose role is to strengthen and expand WiFi networks and signals.
The wireless card itself is a device that must be used to connect devices via a wireless network or WiFi.
The average PC computer usually adds its own wireless card to be able to connect the computer to the nearest router.
Aruba Network sees an opportunity in Indonesia that requires internet services so that it offers a solution to every company in Indonesia.
Aruba Network is able to offer innovative wireless solutions to the Indonesian market which provides wireless solutions that are expected to provide assistance to every business and education activity more efficiently.
Therefore, Aruba Network for education is very suitable for those of you who are in need of assistance to build a network for educational facilities in Indonesia.
Aruba is a wireless networking subsidiary of Hewlett Packard Enterprise based in Santa Clara, California. Meanwhile, Aruba in Indonesia has complete network solutions, such as the Aruba Network for education, such as:
- Access Point
- Remote Access Point
- Gateways & Controllers
- Network Management
- Analytics & Assurance
- Security Solution
- Network Access Control
Now this is a network that is getting more advanced where the times make various companies to compete with each other to make new innovations that lure potential customers.
There is one network company that has experience in the field of networking that is trusted by many companies and governments, especially if not Aruba Indonesia Network.
History of Aruba
Aruba Network was originally known as Aruba wireless networks which is a subsidiary of wireless networking company Hewlett Packard Enterprise based in Santa Clara, California. Precisely in Sunnyvale, California in 2002 by Keerti Melkote and Pankaj Manglik.
HP acquired Aruba Networks on March 2, 2015 for $3 billion.
On 19 May 2015 HP completed the acquisition and then on 1 November 2015 Aruba became a subsidiary of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Aruba Indonesia Products
Aruba Network is a company engaged in network technology, whose production is specialized in network products such as routers, access points, switches, and other network devices. The following are some descriptions of Aruba Network products.
- Network sector: consists of access point products, ethernet switches, WLC or wireless LAN control and SD-WAN products.
- Network management: provides cloud-based servers, AirWave management platform, enables asset inventory management and provisioning.
- Network security: there is ClearPass policy management for network traffic control, IntroSpect for User & Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA).
- Analytics and service assurance: NetInsight, service assurance sensor.
- Location based services: Aruba Beacons, Aruba Tags, meridian location service engine.
Aruba Networks For Education
After the acquisition by HPE in 2015, Aruba has been in a position to lead the Gartner report introducing innovative wireless solutions.
This solution offered can help businesses of various scales, which can be small to medium enterprises, national to international business networks which make wired and wireless networks more optimal in performance.
AGIT, one of the partners of HPE Aruba, offers Aruba solutions that can be implemented into your business system, including wireless Network AP or IAP, Clearpass as Network access control, and wired Network or switching.
Wired Network in Aruba has excellent solutions ranging from data centers, campuses, and brand switching from small companies to large companies.
Choosing Aruba is the right choice because Aruba provides various switch solutions according to your needs from managed switches and unmanaged switches, to layer 2 to layer 3 switches.
And Aruba offers a lifetime after-sales wired Network service or a lifetime guarantee for the products you buy.
Aruba wireless technology offers flexibility with 3 implementations namely:
Controller-based, where all access point management is centralized in one wireless controller, so that all available wireless networks can be integrated and easy to monitor.
Controllerless (Instant Access Point)
Controllerless (Instant Access Point) where the Access Point can be a semi controller to manage multiple APs and clustering in a small scope.
Using Aruba Network Interface for Education
Aruba Central, which is designed to facilitate deployment, management and optimization of Wireless, LAN, VPN and SD-WAN on a large scale centralized in the Aruba Cloud environment.
One of the Network access control products that is the best solution for those of you who want to simplify and limit LAN network access, especially for companies that have quite a lot of employees.
What is ClearPass
ClearPass Aruba is an access control solution that can limit and manage who and what devices can access your company’s LAN network, starting from employees and guests who come from your company.
Clearpass is needed to maintain the security of your company’s network as a whole from attacks or intrusions to affect your office network both from inside and outside.
Use of Clearpass for education
Your Clearpass allows modifying the login access page, verifying data, managing what access is opened by a visitor including the length of time the visitor is logged in, to setting up login using a social media account.
Clearpass is available in both hardware and VMware formats, which makes it easy for you to choose a clearpass solution that suits your needs. For those of you who have a LAN or WLAN device.
Modern business will certainly require high mobility, especially in the IT field. Included in the evolving mobile device technology.
BYOD can demand support for a growing variety of OS platforms, applications, and device models. At the same time the network of sensors and connected devices must be able to:
- Communicating with the company network
- Engage with the machine
- Serves as a new service and marketing channel to consumers
- All of these touchpoints enable rapid innovation, new business opportunities, and new revenue streams—but they also require management.
Aruba central is a solution designed to make it easy to deploy, manage, and optimize large-scale wireless, LAN, VPN and SD-WAN that can be centralized into the Aruba cloud environment.
Enterprise Mobility Management EMM is a collection of policy, practice, and technology solutions that enable enterprises to control and manage mobile devices for enterprise use.
Devices that employ employees to BYOD or bring your own devices used to access sensitive business information.
EMMs can provide management capabilities that make it easier for you to control how mobile users, devices, and applications interact with corporate networks.
The goal of implementing EMM is to strike the right balance between more productive employees working mobile and guaranteed security.
EMM has a variety of very diverse features, including:
- Application management controls which applications the device is allowed to download and is able to access the corporate network to interact with which can provide access and information.
- Content Management sets company policy to enforce whichever data is stored on the device, thereby facilitating audit trails for activity around more sensitive business information.
- Network Management can manage network access, data transfer restrictions, geofencing, and other VPN virtual private Network connections for registered devices connected to the network remotely or remotely. The device can be remotely configured to the correct network settings.
- Service management is able to manage services independently and automatic application updates, configurations, settings, and requests for IT services that can be controlled by IT admins.
- Unified endpoint management is capable of managing and securing all endpoints of a unified platform. A centralized EMM platform can be used to manage devices be it PCs, laptops, smartphones, IoT, mobile workstations.
- Analytics and Intelligence captures detailed information about device, app, content, and network activity, turning that information into intuitive and intelligent reports on the productivity and performance of the mobile workforce.
- Device and Application Lifecycle Management offers endpoint lifecycle management features, ranging from device orientation and provisioning of tools to remote shutdown and security measures such as data erasure.
- Data Security and Access Management applies an additional layer of security to secure information, including encryption, password protection, and patching. This feature helps control how devices and apps connect to the corporate network and the sensitive data stored on the device.
Use of EMM for education
In the context of using EMM for education, it is making data security and mobility guidelines in education that can regulate EMM policies more effectively.
- Applying the principle of least access rights, each student or student can only access the minimum data that can be needed to carry out their activities.
- Encrypts mobile and stationary devices, applications, and data.
- Ready to deploy 5G technology, offering more effective data mobility and increasing workforce productivity.
- Establish data security policies in case of lost devices, Man-in-the-Middle (MITM) attacks, jailbroken devices, malware and potential vulnerabilities.
- Taking into account the human resource element, of course there are people who want to do bad things, which students don’t feel suspicious about where they can access information data on their BYOD devices.
- Automated governance control, and service management across multiple IoT platforms, forms and technologies.
- Design user-centric management controls to make school or campus mobility a great experience for students.
From Netdata discussion of Aruba Networks For Education above, we can conclude that a communication network solution for education is very important.
Therefore Aruba provides a solution for the Indonesian government to design the best network for a better education sector.
Aruba Network collaborates with nds.id to assist Indonesian education in implementing computer networks for better education, starting from the procurement of complete network equipment, to a good cellular network so as to increase the mobility of better education actors.